Meeting Schedule

January 13 @ Kim's

February 10 @ Hattie's

March 9 @ Susie's

April 13 @ Terra's

May 11 @ Annette's

June 8 @ Melinda's

Friday, October 21, 2011

November Sticky Chicks

I'm so excited to have November, because I am all about Christmas!  LOVE Christmas!  Love, Love, Love!!!  Oh, and it doesn't hurt that it's also "Breaking Dawn" opening night, which I also LOVE!

So I'm hoping to do some sort of Christmas craft.  Below are a few of the things I've seen and would love to do, however I'd also love to see what you have brewing in your mind.  So post, post, post!

ADVENT CALENDAR:
I *love* advent calendars and I'm on a mission to make three beautiful, long-lasting advent calendars that my kids can have when they grow up and have a family of their own.  I made one last year... two more to go.  Here are a few examples of ones I've seen and liked.

This is my favorite.  I love the shape.  But... it's a bit spendy.  It's $30 for the blank wooden calendar.  We'd paint and then decorate the drawers with papers, so the rest of the project isn't very spendy.
I also love this house one, though it runs about $30 and has to be shipped over from the UK.
This one is actually a door with MDF edging and glass or plexiglass center that opens up to reveal the boxes behind it.  It runs about $20.
This one is a MDF version, I think, with cardboard boxes.  Also runs about $20.

RUFFLE TREES:
I love the holiday ruffle trees that we could do in so many colors or patterns.  We would need both candlesticks for the bottoms and some sort of finials for the tops.  There's also the adorable rosette version, if you've the inclination to make 30-ish rosettes for it.  We only have one ruffler, however, so it might make for a slower project.  Then again, how long does it take to sew a ruffle??? ;)

1 comment: